June 27, 2013: Sofia >> Melnik
Temporarily finished with Sofia, we decided to start out into the Bulgarian countryside. But first, we had to stop and see the famous church, excuse me, cathedral, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
(Excuse the poor picture, it was raining. Not a good angle either. There are really pretty gold domes that you can't see)
We couldn't take pictures inside, so you'll have to trust me when I say that the frescos were beautiful. When we came back to our car, we discovered that it had been booted. Wonderful. Luckily, the cops were still there, we got it off, and we all laugh about it now. After that, (and a muffin break) we were off to the Rila Monastery, one of the oldest in all of Europe.
I was car sick, and sleepy, so I slept the ride to Melnik, a small Bulgarian town near the border of Greece. The rooms weren't fancy at our hotel, Elli Greco, but clean and the staff were good.
Long Story Short:
⚫ Sofia
⚫ Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
⚫ Rila Monastery
⚫ Elli Greco








Comments
Post a Comment