June 24, 2013: Amsterdam

So today, we went to the zoo, Natura Artis Magistra.



 They have this awesome rain forest house, where you walk through the "jungle", but there are no bars or cages. It's a lot like the rainforest exhibit at Como Zoo. Inside, there are monkeys, birds, bats, iguanas, rodents... and they can all walk right up to you. 


The zoo was pretty good about having English translations, and pictograms, so we knew where we were going and what we were seeing most of the time. There were lots of animals, and I for one found it a bit amusing to see creatures such as the raccoon, in a zoo. I am a huge giraffe fan, so I of course loved seeing them.


We were really lucky that we went around 2 in the afternoon too, because it was feeding time, so all the animals were active. It surprised me that there were actually many visitors of all ages. This was obviously somewhere teens, kids, toddlers, and adults all enjoy. 

Long Story Short:
⚫ Natura Artis Magistra


Comments

Popular Posts