June 22, 2013: Amsterdam
Okay, I love Amsterdam.
We got off the plane today at about 6am Amsterdam time. Going through the airport, I played a nice little game of guess-what-the-Dutch-annouccment-is-saying, and enjoyed crossing roads where you not only have to look both ways for cars, but also for trams and high speed bikes. The Dutch are insane bikers. We got to our Marriott and promptly enjoying a breakfast in the executive lounge, before going up stairs for a nap. Now, I neglected to take a nap, and instead opted for reading my book for a couple hours. How did this work out for me? Well, when we decided to enter the city a bit later, I was able to run on shear determination and caffeine for all of a half hour. During which we walked to a museum, (don't remember the name, because its in Dutch and my Dutch skills are lacking. ill have to get back to you on that), and around their grounds a little bit. We didn't go in, since the day was late, and the line was ling. Once we got on a covered (the covered part is important, because it's rainy and rather windy here today) boat for a tour around the canal, I was out in about 5 min.
I don't even know which canal we we touring... hey, but i do know that there are 3 main ones, and that this particular canal used to be a moat around the city. The first 5min. were rather informative. Awww well. After a lovely hour of boat-napping (as in sleeping, not stealing) I was rudely awaken so that we could go back to the hotel. I tell ya, it's a miracle that I wasn't hit by a biker or something on the walk back. I was pretty out of it. I finished my nap back at the hotel, before grabbing a snack of cucumber sticks and deep-fried fish in the executive lounge. Before bed, we went out on the town to find some French fries to eat.
Say what you want about the Dutch, but they really do have some of the best fries I have ever tasted.
Long Story Short:
⚫ Hotel
⚫ Canal Ride
⚫ French Fries








Comments
Post a Comment