June 21, 2013: Minneapolis >> In the Clouds >> Amsterdam
Hello. So the first part of our day has been pretty hassle free considering the fact that we're flying non-rev. We arrived at the airport with time to spare (thanks for the ride Grandpa!) which was good, because the security line was ridiculously long. Though it moved fast, so it was fine. We say in the delta flight lounge for a while, and in case you were wondering, the answer is yes. They DO have really good pretzels. Following our little pretzel snack, we found our gate, G-somethingor-other. In case you don't know what it means to fly non-rev, or standby, it means that you put your name on a waiting list, and it there are available seats on a flight, you can go for a discounted price. The catch is that you don't really have control over what seat you're in, and when you go, and you have to go to the airport to be called on the flight. You may or may not actually get on the flight. Luckily for us, we all got on a flight to Amsterdam. There's not much to say about the flight itself. I was started watching the movie "Beautiful Creatures", but I got kinda bored. The book was better. So I gave "Breakfast at Tiffany's" a shot. It was a lovely film, darling. ;) then I paged through some new apps I got before we left. And that kept me entertained for all of 45min. So I now have what, 3 and a half hours left? (You have to factor in the time I'm spending on this first post). You know what I really like about flying? Okay, so I'm stuck in a relatively cramped, flying tube with flaps off the side for a good 7 and a half hours, but the view is stunning. I don't care how many times I'll fly. I'll never get tired of the way the clouds look and you break through them, or how amazing an unobscured sunset looks.
It's fantastic. It almost makes up for the less-than-stelar food. Anyway, I think I'll leave you now so that I can get some sleep. Haha just kidding. I'm not going to sleep. But maybe I'll read one of the ten books I bought for this trip... Ya. That sounds good. Bye bye!
Long Story Short:
⚫ Airport
⚫ Airplane
⚫ Amsterdam




Comments
Post a Comment