"French-Style Frankfurters in Aalborg" or "Food"

Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Skørping & Aalborg, Denmark

First, your burning question answered. Why WAS Alec chasing the cat? "I was trying to make sure she wouldn't choke. I wasn't trying to catch her. I was trying to make her spit it out". Thanks, Alec. That makes sense.


Second. A french-style hot dog, at least according to the Danes, is a hotdog in a hollowed out piece of french bread. I've had one in France, so I guess that's an apt name... A frankfurter is a type of German sausage from... Frankfurt. Aalborg, a short train ride from Skørping, is one of the biggest cities in the Danish Jutland, where we spent the day. So a french-style frankfurter in Aalborg is exactly what it sounds like.


Where did this all go down? At a pølsevogn, a Danish sausage wagon. Frida and Alec got classic Danish hotdogs, frankfurters with everything on them- 3 types of sauce (ketchup, mustard, and remoulade), onions (raw and crispy) and pickles (fly-away pickles in Frida's case). Also fun fact, "pickle" in danish is syltet agurker, literally translated as "pickled cucumber". Can I pronounce that? Nope. 

Frida brought us to her favorite ice cream place, Paradis Aalborg. All I can say is YUM!



Frida also had us try elderflower juice, okologisk hyldeblomst-drik. But also she said it's not quite a juice, it's concentrate. We bought it at a Danish budget home goods store, Tiger. I tried finding it online afterward, but I can't. So it must be something special. It tasted good so...


We also stopped at the department store, Salling, to check out the Starbucks prices. Like Frida promised, they WERE higher than the prices in the US. There, we bought some Spangsberg brand "klassik" flavored flødebollers. Flødebollers translate to "cream puffs", but they're not really cream puffs... They're sugar and egg whites, whipped to a marshmallow texture, placed on a wafer, and covered in chocolate. 


It was a VERY full day! 



In sum, yum! Well, yum and thrift shops. Three of them. Good stuff, good stuff. 
xo, 
Cristiana


Popular Posts