July 17, 2013: Chicago

It's now Wednesday, and day 3 of Digital Planet. We started out the day by visiting the highest point (also not public) in the museum, the Media Loft. This is where the Field's film makers work. they create most of the movies you see on display in the exhibits. Today is also the day we have to decide on a final movie idea, and pitch that idea to a panel consisting of Johanna, the head of the program, Janet, our scientist, and Brian, a professional movie maker. Which sounds kinda intimidating, and it kinda was. But these guys have been working with us the past couple days, and they are all so nice, that it wasn't too bad. Danielle and I decided to stick with our Wormance idea, and the panel approved. Of course, we had to make it a bit longer p, because the final movie is supposed to be 90sec. Then we got to work. At 3:30, dad and Grady picked me up, and we decided to try out my badge. (The one I got on Monday, and that is supposed to get me in to any museum in Chicago). So the three of us walked over to Shedd Aquarium, and my badge got the three of us in for free. Yep. Feeling pretty cool, not gonna lie. We saw the belugas, the dolphins, the otters, and of course some fish. Interesting fact. The Field Museum actually has more fish than the Shedd Aquarium. Of course, the Field's fish aren't actually alive but... Anyway. Back to Shedd. We decided we wanted to go into the special exhibit, Stingray Touch, where you can (as the name suggests) touch stingrays. We weren't aware that wee needed special tickets, but I showed my badge to the guy at the door (who couldn't have been much older than me), and he let us through, after asking what company I was with. Again, feeling pretty cool. And I have to admit, I rather enjoyed petting the rays. Before we left, daddy bought us some Dip n' Dots. Two days in a row! For dinner tonight, we went up to the Metroplitan Club in the Sears Tower. (Yes, I am aware that it is now called the Willis Tower, but I prefer Sears Tower, okay?). After a great dinner, we snuk up a good 40 floors behind a group of buisness men, to the Sky Deck. That is quite a magical place, especially at night. 

Long Story Short:
⚫ Media Loft
⚫ Movie pitch
⚫ Shedd
⚫ Stingray Touch
⚫ Metropolitan Club
⚫ Sky Deck

Comments

Popular Posts