June 14th, 2015: Makalali >> Johannesburg
6:00am- WAKE UP CALL. Seriously, my sleep schedule on this trip has just been an issue.
6:30am- some quick tea and biscuits (or in my case, hot chocolate and a chocolate cookie)
7:00am- We were all loaded up in the safari-mobile, with our wool blankets and hot water bottles. I inadvertently fell asleep on dad's shoulder. Pros of this plan- extra sleep. And I woke up whenever the car stopped, so I didn't miss any of the impala we spotted. Cons of this plan- I was very cold. And lying motionless and slowing down enough to sleep didn't help at all. Just made the cold worse. (Of course, it still had nothing on a Minnesota winter, but you don't see us riding around on open air vehicles in the middle of winter either. Well, at least not too often anyway)
By 9:00am, I had woken up, and we had yet to spy any animals other than impala and kudu.



Comments
Post a Comment