Montana Not-Skiing
Sunday, January 15th, 2017
Whitefish, Montana
I gotta tell you, it is very very good to be in Montana. Something about the mountains and the fresh air is just good for the soul. Being here always makes me want to find a log cabin in the woods, and just stay there forever. We're only here for a couple days, and the main goal is to get some skiing in. Regrettably, I am sick with a bad cold... So no skiing for me! I still manage to have a little fun, so check out the vlogs below.
If you're looking for a good place to ski, I can 100% recommend Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. I didn't get any skiing in this trip but I have skied here before. Trust me, it's worth the lift ticket. If you come in the summer, you can go hiking, mountain biking, alpine sliding or zip lining here. Fun all year round. And you probably won't have a cold in the summer. So salty.
In case you didn't quite catch their names in the vlogs, here are the restaurants we visited on this trip, in order of appearance.
Moose's Saloon
173 N Main St
Kalispell, MT 59901
This place has great pizza and beer (so I've heard...) and peanuts. The peanuts aren't actually better than peanuts anywhere else, but you can throw the shells on sawdust covered floor, which really does improve the peanut eating experience. You can also carve your name into the wall, so anyone wishing to leave a little piece of themselves in Montana, come sign the wall.
The Hellroaring Saloon & Eatery
3910 Big Mountain Rd
Whitefish, MT 59937
I believe I refer to it as the chalet in the vlog. It's right on the ski slope, and they have the best hot chocolate. It's an old building with lots of character, and it went through many lives as many different things. But now, it's a great place to have dinner, or a drink after a long day on the slopes.
The Whitefish Lake Restaurant
1200 U.S. 93 N
Whitefish, MT 59937
This place is a little fancier and more expensive than either the Hellroaring Saloon or Moose's Saloon, but their food is top notch. Their specialty is seafood and steak, but I personally am a fan of their spaghetti squash that comes as a side with most of their meals. Plus, they make homemade peppermint ice cream all year round!
We also visited Glacier National Park, which is an absolute must if you're ever in the Flathead Valley. It's open all year round, but most things will be closed down in the winter. But the views are still STUNNING so it's still worth the trip. In the summer, you can drive up the famous Going to the Sun Road, camp, hike, and swim. It's one of the most beautiful places in the entire world, and their glaciers are melting fast, so I'd go sooner rather than later.
All in all, a fun trip, even with a cold. Until next time.
xo,
Cristiana
Whitefish, Montana
I gotta tell you, it is very very good to be in Montana. Something about the mountains and the fresh air is just good for the soul. Being here always makes me want to find a log cabin in the woods, and just stay there forever. We're only here for a couple days, and the main goal is to get some skiing in. Regrettably, I am sick with a bad cold... So no skiing for me! I still manage to have a little fun, so check out the vlogs below.
If you're looking for a good place to ski, I can 100% recommend Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. I didn't get any skiing in this trip but I have skied here before. Trust me, it's worth the lift ticket. If you come in the summer, you can go hiking, mountain biking, alpine sliding or zip lining here. Fun all year round. And you probably won't have a cold in the summer. So salty.
In case you didn't quite catch their names in the vlogs, here are the restaurants we visited on this trip, in order of appearance.
Moose's Saloon
173 N Main St
Kalispell, MT 59901
This place has great pizza and beer (so I've heard...) and peanuts. The peanuts aren't actually better than peanuts anywhere else, but you can throw the shells on sawdust covered floor, which really does improve the peanut eating experience. You can also carve your name into the wall, so anyone wishing to leave a little piece of themselves in Montana, come sign the wall.
The Hellroaring Saloon & Eatery
3910 Big Mountain Rd
Whitefish, MT 59937
I believe I refer to it as the chalet in the vlog. It's right on the ski slope, and they have the best hot chocolate. It's an old building with lots of character, and it went through many lives as many different things. But now, it's a great place to have dinner, or a drink after a long day on the slopes.
The Whitefish Lake Restaurant
1200 U.S. 93 N
Whitefish, MT 59937
This place is a little fancier and more expensive than either the Hellroaring Saloon or Moose's Saloon, but their food is top notch. Their specialty is seafood and steak, but I personally am a fan of their spaghetti squash that comes as a side with most of their meals. Plus, they make homemade peppermint ice cream all year round!
We also visited Glacier National Park, which is an absolute must if you're ever in the Flathead Valley. It's open all year round, but most things will be closed down in the winter. But the views are still STUNNING so it's still worth the trip. In the summer, you can drive up the famous Going to the Sun Road, camp, hike, and swim. It's one of the most beautiful places in the entire world, and their glaciers are melting fast, so I'd go sooner rather than later.
All in all, a fun trip, even with a cold. Until next time.
xo,
Cristiana


