Time to Come Home

Friday, March 30 - Sunday, April 1st, 2018
Dublin-ish, Dublin, IRL, Amsterdam, NL, Boston, MA & Minneapolis, MN

Our homeward journey begins! I write to you now from the Dublin airport, as we attempt to make our way back to Minneapolis in the most roundabout way possible. (Well, the most efficient way, based on the standby lists.) What way is that? DUB to AMS, AMS to BOS, BOS to MSP. If all goes according to plan. Which I'm sure it won't. *knocks on wood*

We've had a relaxing last few days in this beautiful country. We made full use of the Powerscourt ESPA spa. We swam, and hot-tubbed, and steam-roomed, and saunaed to our hearts' content. On Friday, we walked around those famous gardens I was telling you about. The daffodils were blooming! (And the gift shop was v nice.)

Vlog 75. Powerscourt Gardens

Saturday, we ventured into the nearby town of Bray. And guess what?! Bray had a Starbucks! (I shouldn't have been as excited about that as I was.) We also stopped to participate in the high-class activity of throwing big rocks into the ocean. (It's an elegant exercise, I swear.) Starbucks and rock-throwing. Two of my favorite things. Talk about a day well spent. And frankly, money well spent too. There were a few fun shops in Bray. Side-note: This vlog is so short and so random, but here it is anyway.

Vlog 76. This Vlog is too Short to Justify its Existence

___________________________________________________________

And now I'm writing from back on campus. I suppose I could've just made a new post, you know, that would make sense. Or rewritten the top of this one. But it was open in my browser. It was already written. Yesterday, we made it on our flight to Amsterdam, and then on our flight to Boston without a hitch. As an added bonus, we even lucked out with first-class seats on our flight to Boston. (I watched Coco on that flight. I do recommend.)

Our flight to Amsterdam

Our flight from BOS to MSP ended up being delayed by a couple hours. Those couple hours almost did me in, I was so tired! Luckily, we got seats on that flight too though, delay or no delay. And we made it home by 11:00pm. Sure, I felt like a rat that had clawed its way up from the sewer and then got ran over by a bus. I was not in prime condition. But, we made it home, safe and sound.

Another trip has come to a close. Thanks for following our adventures!

Peace,
Cristiana

Popular Posts