When One Door Opens, Another One Opens (but also let's open a door to Ireland thanks)

Friday, March 23 - Saturday, March 24, 2018
Minneapolis, MN

If you have been following this blog at all, you know that sometimes flying standby doesn't go your way. Oh, it's fun and exciting and worth it. But sometimes it's the slowest, most indirect way to get anywhere. As is the case this fine day(s). But first, some context.
It is spring break, and I am trying to get to Ireland to meet with my family. The whole gang is there. James, Lisa, Grady, Grandma Terri, and Grandpa Jack. I was going to leave after a midterm on Thursday. But flights looked horrible. It was a no go. So I stayed at school. No matter. It meant I could take a little more time on some assignments I'd have to do over break and have a little more time with friends. It ended up being a great night. 

Flash forward to Friday. I leave school and head to the airport. And it was a ZOO. Spring break crowd. I spent all day loafing around the airport, sitting in the flight lounge, queuing flights. Tried to get to Philadelphia (because from there I could go to London). Tried CDG, AMS, LHR. No luck. I did do some airport shopping though, and some "I'm bored" snacking (arguably the least healthy kind of snacking, but at least there are some good snack options at the airport). 

Vlog #70: it's been a day

Alas, yesterday failed as well. Again though, it worked in my favor. Because my friend Alec was driving home from college, and made a 20 min detour to pick me up. Bless you, friend. And my friend Celeste was home too, so we had a mini party and catch up. I wouldn't have seen them for a while if I had made it on a flight. And this morning, Celeste drove me to the airport at 7:30 am. These two were taking care of me. 

Now I'm back at MSP, and *fingers crossed* because I'm ready to see you in Ireland, family. 

XO, 
Cristiana 

Popular Posts