March 27, 2014: the Plane >> Amsterdam

We landed safely in Amsterdam this morning, Minneapolis time about 4am, Amsterdam time about 10am. Give or take a little... When we unloaded, I came across a woman posing with a Flat Stanley, so I asked if she would pose with my Flat Pat (check Flat Pat out on my Facebook page, or on twitter at @theworldisFALT)
We then went for a nice, authentic, Dutch breakfast at an airport Starbucks. I simply had to try a double chocolate muffin, because whenever I'm in Amsterdam, I'm on a self-assigned quest to find Amsterdam's finest double chocolate muffin. (Because long-back-story-short, the first Dutch double chocolate muffin (DDCM)  I had was filled with Nutella, and actually a lot of DDCMs are, but that first one was the best). 
We're now waiting at our gate to load our plane to Dublin. Whoo!! After landing, we went and got our Land Rover rental car, and drove south of Dublin to the town of A.., on Powerscourt land. We stayed at the 5 star Powerscourt hotel.

Comments

Popular Posts